Jan 6, 2011

Obligatory New Year's Post

I basically got a raging head cold on New Year's Day.  What a way to ring in the new year, eh?  So, while I stare bleary-eyed at the screen and dream of the day when I'll be back out at the barn, I figured what better way to recuperate than blog about last year and my goals for 2011.

First off, though I know this is more in line with Thanksgiving than New Year's, I want to just put it out there that I am so very, very thankful to have the support of my family who've helped me buy my first reiner.  This mare is a beaut and I am grateful to have her.  It was totally out of my reach to afford such a talented, competitive horse in the Hunter and Dressage worlds, but reining -- while pricy -- is not out of control by any means.  I am more than grateful to my trainers who took a soured dressage queen who adamantly announced right and left that she would NEVER show again, that she just wanted to have fun and made her realize that the two notions could actually be compatible.  Color me shocked....no, reallly.  I was that miserable with riding.  I can honestly say that I'm happier and more confident as a rider and as a person than I've been in years.  In fact, I can't remember the last time I felt this content.


So, my goals for this year are really very simple.  Firstly, I refuse to be too hard on myself.  I have to recognize that I have progressed extremely fast in a completely new discipline and not get pissed at myself when I suddenly hit a roadblock.  That's a REALLY hard one.

Secondly, my trainer recently handed me a show schedule that is ridiculously packed.  This schedule encompasses the shows that only my horse will do and the shows I have to go to, but still....it's the toughest show schedule I think I've ever seen.  So, I have to first get myself motivated and excited about showing, but also balance that with my innate competitiveness.  I guess what I'm trying to say is that I need to be a tough competitor, but remember why I started reining in the first place - to have fun.

And finally, I need to blog more and get more serious about this outlet.  I aim to write more posts a week and go back to the original format of book reviews, video reviews and in-depth discussions of various famous horses/equestrians.  Any suggestions are welcome!!    

Besides that I just plan to chill out about the small stuff.  The lead changes will come, I'll be more accurate in my guiding.  And I'll get more and more comfortable with the warm-up pen.  I've learned that the way I progress best is to just remain open, be patient and keep practicing.  Those things work themselves out if you remain observant and thoughtful.  Hope that doesn't sound like lecturing, but if there was one thing I learned from my teaching days, it's that adult students always overthink things:  if you remain focused on the big items, the little details fall into place.

10 comments:

Whitney said...

Blogging is really fun and it is an outlet for sure, i love doing it daily. i really liked this post.

kevin21 said...

Gray Jacket

Moncler Jackets Sale

Coat Women Ziper

Sac Hermes Birkin said...

Sac Pas Cher Sac Chane Sac Louis Vuitton Sac Louis Vuitton Pas Cher Sac Chane pas cher Christian Louboutin Shoes Christian Louboutin Sandals Christian Louboutin pumps Christian Louboutin Boots Chaussures Nike Chaussures Nike Pas Cher Chaussures Nike Homme Chaussures Nike Femme Discount Wedding Dresses Wedding Dresses Bridesmaid Dresses Prom Dresses

roye said...

Consistent with "reverse positioning" understand the REAL Second coming would equate with The Matrix's Anti-Christ, the fake battle of good and evil which will come at the end.
I have spoken on this issue in years past. Understanding how they use the political environment to redefine people's value system, realize anyone who speaks of the old world and its ways will envoke hatred. So when/if the Anti-Christ comes along speaking of reverting back to what liberalism would consider repressed and immoral may be the only hope to salvage the god's favor and keep moving forward rather than begin the 1000 year clock. The fake Second Coming will feed into this political enviornment.
cheap flights to osaka
flights to osaka
osaka flights

sbdgbd said...

burberry bolsas
chanel bolsas
chloe bolsas
sac louis vuitton 2012
louis vuitton soldes
sac louis vuitton soldes
sac louis vuitton
porte cles louis vuitton
boucle chanel
dior bolsas
sac dolce gabbana
sac guess 2012
sac gucci
tee shirts armani hommes
tee shirts burberry femmes
tee shirts chanel femmes
sac guess
dolce gabbana bolsas
burberry tasche
chanel tasche
fendi bolsas
Christian Louboutin Soldes
Christian Louboutin 2012
chaussures Christian Louboutin
gucci bolsas
guess bolsas
dior tasche
sac a main
lunettes de soleil
chaussures louis vuitton
porte cles chanel
bracelet louis vuitton

discount designer wedding dress said...

I 'm in total agreement with your views on this la sposa distancia in your article and I want to buy this la sposa disco. Could you help me and make friends with me?

Moore Linda said...

Porte cles chanel
Porte cles louis vuitton
portefeuille louis vuitton
portefeuille&purse
portefeuille burberry
portefeuille chanel
portefeuille chanel
portefeuille dolce gabbana
portefeuille fendi
portefeuille gucci
portefeuille hommes
portefeuille juicy
Moncler Kids
Moncler Kids Sale
Moncler Men Coats
Moncler Men Jackets
Moncler Men T-Shirt
Moncler Men Vests

Jay Hernandez said...

We deal in used tyres. part worn tyres Slough

suplemen pemutih dan pencerah kulit wajah said...

cara mengatasi berbagai macam penyakit secara alami Obat Herbal Lambung Bengkak Obat Herbal Batu Empedu Kronis Tanpa Operasi Obat Herbal Polip Hidung Paling Ampuh Obat Herbal Anemia Akut Obat Herbal Tumor Jinak Obat Herbal Cacar Air Paling Ampuh Obat Herbal Varikokel Tanpa Operasi Obat Herbal Kanker Usus Besar Obat Herbal TBC akut Obat Herbal Keloid Ampuh suplemen pemutih dan pencerah kulit wajah

obat herbal varises said...

pengobatan herbal untuk mengatasi penyakit varises secara alami tanpa efek samping

Obat Herbal Varises