Jun 24, 2009

Yawn...Wake Me Up When There Are No More Doping Scandals

Ah yes...another day, another doping scandal in Germany. In case you haven't heard yet, Isabell Werth has been suspended until further notice because her horse, Whisper, tested positive for fluphenazine (a sedative) at a May 30th tournament.

Nice. Unless her horse was schizophrenic, I'm guessing he had no business being doped with that stuff at a major competition. I know, I know, there's still sample B to consider, but in light of all the other doping issues plaguing Germany, it's hard to remain impartial. Maybe I'm overly cynical, but I always feel a little pleased whenever these things come to light. I have a bit of a complex about how competitive dressage riders can take themselves too seriously when it comes to how what they do is more enlightened than other disciplines, so I like the leveled playing field.

No comments: