Oct 27, 2007

Fires in California

So, I've been really busy lately, but I've kept a close watch on horse things in the world. I just felt sick thinking about the terrible fires in California this week. Okay, yeah, it sucks to lose your house, but I felt even more worried about all the animals that had to go through this ordeal. What can I say? I love animals more than people.

Anyway, there are all sorts of great articles out there about horse people banding together and helping each other out to save as many horses as possible. They're being housed at racetracks, fairgrounds, etc.... It makes me happy to know that when it counts people are good people and willing to help out total strangers. I have a true lack of faith in humanity, but for when tragedies occur. Anyway, make a donation (if you can) to the USEF disaster relief fund. There are plenty of places to donate to, but I know that the displaced horses and horse-owners must have it pretty rough - there is feed and hay and temporary help all to be thought of for hundreds or even thousands of these horses and that's not such an easy or inexpensive task.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

I remember the fires, it was a truly sad experience for everyone, event he people not directly involved. thank God most people made it though!